This Fresh Salmon Salad has fresh avocado hass, strawberries, mixed greens and its own poppy seed dressing. This salad is great on a warm summer day as you sit on the deck under your umbrella. It also makes a great dinner for two with candlelight, soft music and a glass of your favorite wine. Enjoy!
Fresh Salmon Salad
This Fresh Salmon Salad has fresh avocado hass, strawberries, mixed greens and its own poppy seed dressing.
- 2 (5oz each) salmon fillets (preferably wild)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- To taste salt and pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 avocado hass
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place each salmon fillet skin side down on a piece of aluminum foil (on a baking sheet).
Rub each fillet with the olive oil and lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
Wrap each fillet with foil to form two packets.
Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes, until cooked through. Be very careful opening packets after as hot steam will be released. Let salmon cool slightly.
Add spinach, strawberries, and avocado to a large bowl.
Prepare dressing by whisking together the oil, lime juice, vinegar, honey, shallot, and poppy seeds.
Toss salad with the dressing, then divide among two plates or bowls.
Place each cooked salmon fillet on top of each salad and serve.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 salad
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 506 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Sodium 23 mg
Total Carbohydrates 44 g
Dietary Fiber 12 g
Sugars 30 g
Protein 6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.