This Fresh Salmon Salad has fresh avocado hass, strawberries, mixed greens and its own poppy seed dressing. This salad is great on a warm summer day as you sit on the deck under your umbrella. It also makes a great dinner for two with candlelight, soft music and a glass of your favorite wine. Enjoy!
Fresh Salmon Salad
- 2 5oz each salmon fillets (preferably wild)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- To taste salt and pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 avocado hassDressing
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place each salmon fillet skin side down on a piece of aluminum foil (on a baking sheet).
- Rub each fillet with the olive oil and lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each fillet with foil to form two packets.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes, until cooked through. Be very careful opening packets after as hot steam will be released. Let salmon cool slightly.
- Add spinach, strawberries, and avocado to a large bowl.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together the oil, lime juice, vinegar, honey, shallot, and poppy seeds.
- Toss salad with the dressing, then divide among two plates or bowls.
- Place each cooked salmon fillet on top of each salad and serve.