This Fresh Salmon Salad has fresh avocado hass, strawberries, mixed greens and its own poppy seed dressing. This salad is great on a warm summer day as you sit on the deck under your umbrella. It also makes a great dinner for two with candlelight, soft music and a glass of your favorite wine. Enjoy!
Fresh Salmon Salad
- 2 5oz each salmon fillets (preferably wild)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- To taste salt and pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 avocado hassDressing
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place each salmon fillet skin side down on a piece of aluminum foil (on a baking sheet).
- Rub each fillet with the olive oil and lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each fillet with foil to form two packets.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes, until cooked through. Be very careful opening packets after as hot steam will be released. Let salmon cool slightly.
- Add spinach, strawberries, and avocado to a large bowl.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together the oil, lime juice, vinegar, honey, shallot, and poppy seeds.
- Toss salad with the dressing, then divide among two plates or bowls.
- Place each cooked salmon fillet on top of each salad and serve.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.