Now that you have your meal prepared, wouldn’t a foolproof gravy go well with your meat and mashed potatoes? Guess what. I have the the one for you! This one was from turkey drippings but any meat will do. Enjoy.
- 1/4 cup turkey drippings fat and juices from roasted turkey
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 cups liquid juices from roasted turkey, broth, water
- Browning sauce if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pour drippings from roasting pan into bowl, leaving brown particles in pan. Return 1/4 cup drippings to roasting pan. (Measure accurately because too little fat makes gravy lumpy.) Stir in flour. (Measure accurately so gravy is not greasy.)
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Stir in liquid. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in a few drops of browning sauce. Stir in salt and pepper.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.