Now that you have your meal prepared, wouldn’t a foolproof gravy go well with your meat and mashed potatoes? Guess what. I have the the one for you! This one was from turkey drippings but any meat will do. Enjoy.
- 1/4 cup turkey drippings fat and juices from roasted turkey
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 cups liquid juices from roasted turkey, broth, water
- Browning sauce if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pour drippings from roasting pan into bowl, leaving brown particles in pan. Return 1/4 cup drippings to roasting pan. (Measure accurately because too little fat makes gravy lumpy.) Stir in flour. (Measure accurately so gravy is not greasy.)
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Stir in liquid. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in a few drops of browning sauce. Stir in salt and pepper.