The first time I heard of quiche was when I was little. It seemed very romantic and exotic and I though only kings or queens could have it. I had no clue it was a food. When I found out i was excited to try one. My mom said I wouldnt like it since it was an egg pie with spinach for icing. I never considered trying it again until I was married. It was delicious. This crust is so flaky and light it melts in your mouth. Take advantage of your inner adult and try this recipe!
This Chicken Florentine With Spinach and Parmesan Cheese is a great dinner. My Butter Pastry Dough makes a great scratch crust.
Florentine Quiche With Spinach
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1.5 Cups Heavy whipping cream
- 10 Ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained thoroughly
- 1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Cup diced swiss cheese
- 1 Cup chopped cooked ham (or 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Pkg 17.3 ounce package 2 sheets frozen puff pastry sheets thawed
- Beat eggs. Add cream; beat more. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Line a greased quiche pan with the pastry dough. I use nonstick spray. Pour the liquid ingredients into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes or until eggs are set and top is lightly browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.