You can have these Fish Tacos on the table in under 30 minutes. Yes you can!! Whether using a prepared cole slaw or one you whip up on your own, making these tacos will be a breeze. The sauce is made by mixing together a few ingredients. The fish is frozen fish sticks. What can be easier after a long day at work or a busy afternoon. You and the kids will love them!
For The Cabbage Slaw:
- Classic Cole Slaw
- Vinegar Cole Slaw
- Blue Cheese Cole Slaw or your favorite home made or store bought cole slaw.
For The Bang Bang Sauce:
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or other hot sauce (I used 2 tablespoons for more kick!)For The Tacos:
- 16 Gorton’s Alaskan Pollock Fish Sticks
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ cup Cilantro leaves for garnish
- additional lime wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Combine cabbage, cilantro, green onions, garlic, ginger, fresh lime juice, honey, olive oil and salt in a large bowl. Toss and set aside.
Bang Bang Sauce
- Whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and Sriracha / hot sauce in a small bowl. Then set aside.
- Bake 16 Gorton’s Alaskan Pollock fish sticks for 12-14 minutes on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Flip once at 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan over high heat. When the pan is hot, spray a little cooking spray on both sides of a corn tortilla and toast for 20-30 seconds per side. Repeat with 7 more tortillas.
- Assemble tacos with tortillas, slaw, and fish sticks. Drizzle with Bang Bang sauce, then garnish with cilantro and lime juice.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.