Fettuccine Alfredo ~Combining cream cheese, parmesan cheese, milk and butter to the noodles of your choice is very easy to do. The Alfredo sauce always intimidated me until I actually read this recipe with an open mind. This is one of my family’s most loved Italian recipes. Serve with garlic toast and any vegetable for a great warm meal. Serve Fettuccine Alfredo and have dinner ready in less than 30 minutes!
Needing some ideas for random meal add-ons? Check out this Cheddar Cheese Sauce that goes well over veggies, or this comfort food of Fettuccine Alfredo Or finish the meal with this Strawberry Mousse Filled Chocolate Cake.
- 1/2 lb. fettuccine uncooked
- 4 oz. 1/2 of 8-oz. pkg. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
- MEANWHILE, cook all remaining ingredients except nutmeg in saucepan on low heat until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring constantly.
- DRAIN pasta; return to pan. Add sauce; toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle with nutmeg.