A hint of espresso can be tasted in this deliciously light cheesecake. Sitting in an Oreo Crust and topped with raspberries it is the perfect ending to a special meal. You can add any topping you like. I have chopped some coffee beans and found it was the perfect addition.
My Tip Friday, 6 Tips To A Perfect Cheesecake Experience will guide you to that perfect cheesecake outcome!
Espresso Cheesecake With Raspberries
- 1 1/2 C crushed oreos (about 45)
- 1/2 C Butter. Melted
- 32 Oz 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 C 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, melted
- 1/2 C baking cocoa
- 1/4 C half-and-half cream
- 1 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 C Sour cream
- 5 Lg eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 Tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Lbs fresh raspberries
- 1/4 C white sugar
- 1 Tbs water, or as needed (optional)
- 2 Tsp lemon juice, or more to taste
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed oreo cookies and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-in. up the sides of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, melted chocolate, cocoa, cream and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the espresso powder and vanilla. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- Combine raspberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until raspberries break down, sugar dissolves, and sauce is heated through, 3 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and press sauce through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds. Cool to room temperature, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 45 minutes.
- Drizzle cheesecake with raspberry sauce and serve.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.