A hint of espresso can be tasted in this deliciously light cheesecake. Sitting in an Oreo Crust and topped with raspberries it is the perfect ending to a special meal. You can add any topping you like. I have chopped some coffee beans and found it was the perfect addition.
My Tip Friday, 6 Tips To A Perfect Cheesecake Experience will guide you to that perfect cheesecake outcome!
Espresso Cheesecake With Raspberries
- 1 1/2 C crushed oreos (about 45)
- 1/2 C Butter. Melted
- 32 Oz 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 C 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, melted
- 1/2 C baking cocoa
- 1/4 C half-and-half cream
- 1 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 C Sour cream
- 5 Lg eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 Tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Lbs fresh raspberries
- 1/4 C white sugar
- 1 Tbs water, or as needed (optional)
- 2 Tsp lemon juice, or more to taste
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed oreo cookies and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-in. up the sides of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, melted chocolate, cocoa, cream and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the espresso powder and vanilla. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- Combine raspberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until raspberries break down, sugar dissolves, and sauce is heated through, 3 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and press sauce through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds. Cool to room temperature, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 45 minutes.
- Drizzle cheesecake with raspberry sauce and serve.