Eggplant Parmigiana With spaghetti. Sauce so good you will think your Italian grandma simmered it all day. Use any tomato sauce recipe you like. Whether homemade or jar, it won’t take away from the taste of this eggplant parmiagana. Maybe one day if I post my grandmothers “all day simmer” Italian sauce recipe I will reccomend that one. As for now, I let my sister make that one and happily have her jar some for me!! #pasta #eggplant #weightwatchers
Goes great with my Butternut Squash Ravioli!
- cooking spray 1 spritz
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium raw eggplant
- 2 large egg whites lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in a medium-size bowl; set aside. Remove skin from eggplant and trim off ends; slice eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Dip eggplant first into egg whites and then into bread crumb mixture. Bake eggplant on a nonstick cookie sheet until lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes, flipping once.
- Place a layer of eggplant on bottom of prepared baking dish, then add 1/3 of tomato sauce and 1/3 of mozzarella cheese. Repeat with 2 more layers in same order. Bake until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling, about 10 minutes more. Slice into 4 pieces and serve over spaghetti.