Eggplant Parmigiana With spaghetti. Sauce so good you will think your Italian grandma simmered it all day. Use any tomato sauce recipe you like. Whether homemade or jar, it won’t take away from the taste of this eggplant parmiagana. Maybe one day if I post my grandmothers “all day simmer” Italian sauce recipe I will reccomend that one. As for now, I let my sister make that one and happily have her jar some for me!! #pasta #eggplant #weightwatchers
Eggplant Parmigiana With spaghetti. Sauce so good you will think your Italian grandma baked it all day. and the best part is it's only 3 Weight Watcher Points! #pasta #eggplant #weightwatchers
- cooking spray (1 spritz)
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium raw eggplant
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in a medium-size bowl; set aside. Remove skin from eggplant and trim off ends; slice eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Dip eggplant first into egg whites and then into bread crumb mixture. Bake eggplant on a nonstick cookie sheet until lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes, flipping once.
- Place a layer of eggplant on bottom of prepared baking dish, then add 1/3 of tomato sauce and 1/3 of mozzarella cheese. Repeat with 2 more layers in same order. Bake until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling, about 10 minutes more. Slice into 4 pieces and serve over spaghetti.
Weight Watchers 3 pointsIMPORTANT: To get the best texture and flavor, it's important to salt and sweat the eggplant before you bake it. It's easy. Just sprinkle slices with salt of choice and give them 20-30 mins to pull the moisture out. Once they're done, rinse and pat them dry. They are now ready to bread and bake!
Serving Size 4
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5.9 g
Saturated Fat 3.3 g
Cholesterol 19.4 mg
Sodium 882.3 mg
Total Carbohydrates 20.7 g
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 13.2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.