Egg Salad Sandwich ~With the ingredients of egg, mayo, mustard, onion, salt and pepper to complete this salad you are assured of having everything you need to make an emergency lunch. Got bread? Make a great sandwich. You can have lunch prepared in the time it take to hard boil those eggs. Have a cold? Sore throat? This can be the answer. I like to chop some celery and add it in at times. Have a lot of left over eggs from the Easter Bunny? Place a few in a bowl as a centerpiece and snack for the kids. Use the rest chopped and add into the salad! A good standby, Egg Salad is great to keep on hand. stays fresh in the refrigerator 3-4 days.
Egg Salad Sandwich
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 red onion minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, paprika, onion and salt and pepper. Mash well with a fork or wooden spoon.
- Serve on bread as a sandwich or over crisp lettuce as a salad.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.