Don’t make Strawberry Pie with store bought glaze again! This easy and delicious pie is made made from fresh strawberries and your own sweetening ingredients. No food dyes and artificial preservatives in this recipe. I used stevia sweetener and sugar free jello and this dessert became a real treat and I didn’t need to worry about raising my sugar count. If you are diabetic this adaptation is for you!
For more pie recipes here are 10 Pies for Pi Day
Easy Strawberry Pie
This easy and delicious pie is made made from fresh strawberries and your own sweetening ingredients.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup strawberry gelatin powder (recommend Jello)
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
- whipped cream (optional)
- Bring sugar, water and cornstarch to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook stirring constantly for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in strawberry gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove from heat; chill 2 hours.
- Arrange strawberries in pastry shell and pour gelatin mixture over.
- Cover and chill 2-4 hours.
- Serve pie with whipped cream if desired.
Tip:Use 3/4 cup artificial sweetener to replace 1 cup white sugar. Reduce water by 1/4 cup.Use sugar-free jello to reduce sugar intake.Recipe Image Source: Food.com