Easy Strawberry Pie- Don’t make Strawberry Pie with store bought glaze again! This easy and delicious pie is made made from fresh strawberries and your own sweetening ingredients. No food dyes and artificial preservatives in this recipe. I used stevia sweetener and sugar free jello and this dessert became a real treat and I didn’t need to worry about raising my sugar count. If you are diabetic this adaptation is for you!
Easy Strawberry Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup strawberry gelatin powder recommend Jello
- 4 cups fresh strawberries halved
- 1 9- inch baked pie crust
- whipped cream optional
- Bring sugar, water and cornstarch to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook stirring constantly for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in strawberry gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove from heat; chill 2 hours.
- Arrange strawberries in pastry shell and pour gelatin mixture over.
- Cover and chill 2-4 hours.
- Serve pie with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.