Double Crust Peach Pie Filled with the flavors of summer, perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. My husband’s grandmother had peach trees and I cherish the memories of her making this pie. Two of my favorite double crust pies are Peach Double Crust and Bluebarb Double Crust.
For more pie recipes see 20+ Pies For Thanksgiving
Double Crust Peach Pie
- 1 Pkg Prepared pastry Double crust
- 5 cups fresh peaches sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Stir together flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Wash, peel, and slice fresh peaches.
- Mix together peaches with the combined dry ingredients.
- Turn into pastry-lined pie pan and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust, cut slits in it, seal the edges.
- Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cover the edges with foil to prevent over browning; remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through the slits in the crust.
- Pie may be frozen for future use.