Double Crust Peach Pie Filled with the flavors of summer, perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. My husband’s grandmother had peach trees and I cherish the memories of her making this pie. Two of my favorite double crust pies are Peach Double Crust and Bluebarb Double Crust.
Double Crust Peach Pie
- 1 Pkg Prepared pastry Double crust
- 5 cups fresh peaches sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Stir together flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Wash, peel, and slice fresh peaches.
- Mix together peaches with the combined dry ingredients.
- Turn into pastry-lined pie pan and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust, cut slits in it, seal the edges.
- Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cover the edges with foil to prevent over browning; remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through the slits in the crust.
- Pie may be frozen for future use.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.