Double Crust Cherry Pie ~ Ripe cherries and buttery crust will bring the goodness of a country fair to you. This pie doesn’t disappoint. It was both sweet and a bit tart making it perfect for all! Tasty pies include Double Crust Cherry Pie and Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.
For more pie recipes see 20+ Pies For Thanksgiving
Double Crust Cherry Pie
- 1 double crust 9 inch
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 cups pitted cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Place bottom crust in pie pan. Set top crust aside, covered.
- Roll out half the crust and line a 9-inch pie pan. Refrigerate until needed. Roll out the top crust and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine tapioca, salt, sugar, cherries, and extracts. Let stand 15 minutes. Turn out into bottom crust and dot with butter. Cover with top crust, flute edges and cut vents in top. Place pie on a foil-lined cookie sheet--in case of drips!
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Let cool for several hours before slicing.