Opposites attract in this perfect combination of sweet blueberries and tart rhubarb. This pie will not disappoint and will surpise your guests with the sweet and tart flavors. Two of my favorite double crust pies are Peach Double Crust and Bluebarb Double Crust.
For more pie recipes see 20+ Pies For Thanksgiving
Double Crust Bluebarb Pie
- 3 cups fresh strawberries hulled and cut (if needed) into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups rhubarb cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter Melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 pie crusts Prepared
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, combine berries and rhubarb. In a separate small bowl, mix together 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over fruit mixture and stir gently. Let sit for about 15 minutes. Gently stir again, making sure flour and sugar mixture isn't clumpy.
- Mix lemon juice into fruit filling, then spoon into pastry-lined pie pan. With the other crust, either make a lattice top (in photo) roll completely out and place over filling. Crimp edges and cut steam vents in top.
- Brush lightly with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for around 40–50 minutes, or until filling is bubbling thick and crust is golden brown.