Cucumber, Tomato and Red Onion Salad becomes a great choice for a low calorie, healthy and low fat lunch. The blend of flavors from the fresh vegetables compliment each other with a burst of freshness that only this combination can provide. The vinegar and oil dressing coat each bite with a healthy addition to the salad.
Cucumber, Tomato and Red Onion Salad
- 1 red onion cut in 1/4 inch wedges
- 4 cucumbers peeled and sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 3 roma tomatoes cored and cut in 1/2 inch wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Soak the red onion wedges in salted ice water for 30 minutes and then drain well.
- Put the onion, cucumbers, and tomatoes in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the vinegar, sugar, and canola oil in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved. Add to the vegetables and toss well. Refrigerate.
- To serve, add the chopped parsley.