Cucumber, Tomato and Red Onion Salad becomes a great choice for a low calorie, healthy and low fat lunch. The blend of flavors from the fresh vegetables compliment each other with a burst of freshness that only this combination can provide. The vinegar and oil dressing coat each bite with a healthy addition to the salad.
Cucumber, Tomato and Red Onion Salad
- 1 red onion cut in 1/4 inch wedges
- 4 cucumbers peeled and sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 3 roma tomatoes cored and cut in 1/2 inch wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Soak the red onion wedges in salted ice water for 30 minutes and then drain well.
- Put the onion, cucumbers, and tomatoes in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the vinegar, sugar, and canola oil in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved. Add to the vegetables and toss well. Refrigerate.
- To serve, add the chopped parsley.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.