No more dry corned beef! Cook this in your slow cooker all day and you’re guaranteed success! Corned Beef and Cabbage is a favorite in our home on St. Patrick’s Day. There is nothing better than throwing a few ingredients into the crock pot and smelling it cooking all day. Even if you are a working mom, coming home to a house smelling of a tasty dinner ready to serve your family is a treat all on its own! Serve this with my Crock Pot Irish Soda Bread for a warm and satisfying meal. Serve my Bailey’s Chocolate Coffee Cream Pie for dessert! Still have leftover cabbage? Here are more Ways to Prepare Cabbage
Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 4 large carrots peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 10 baby red potatoes quartered
- 1 onion peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups water
- 1 4 pound corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 6 ounces beer
- 1/2 head cabbage coarsely chopped
- Place the carrots, potatoes, and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker, pour in the water, and place the brisket on top of the vegetables. Pour the beer over the brisket. Sprinkle on the spices from the packet, cover, and set the cooker on High.
- Cook the brisket for about 8 hours. An hour before serving, stir in the cabbage and cook for 1 more hour.