Have you ever had to bring an appetizer to a pot luck, office party or get together? Has the dish needed to stay warm all day? How did you achieve this without having the dish over cook, burn and taste awful? You need to choose your dish wisely. Crock pot meals will fit the bill if you know what to add. Choose something that will hold its form. Pastas will get dry, or limp after a while. Meats will last much longer. I put the dish together about 2 hours before I need to bring it to the event. Most of the time partiers don’t eat right away and this gives the appetizer time to get up to a warm temperature. This Cocktail Smokies dish is perfect. They are already fully cooked, but can simmer for around 12 hours. You just need to make sure what ever sauce you use doesn’t burn off. Your offering will taste great and you won’t need to fuss!
Crock Pot Cocktail Smokies
- 2 16 ounce packages miniature smoked sausage links
- 1 8 ounce jar grape jelly
- 1 12 ounce bottle barbeque sauce
- Combine grape jelly and barbeque sauce in a slow cooker.
- Stir in the miniature smoked sausage links.
- Cook on High, until heated through, 2 to 3 hours. Keep on warm up to 10 hours checking sauce.