What better way to start the year than by making a Veggie Pizza? No sauce is used, but you can substitute a pesto sauce for the cream cheese. Having had this both ways it is a toss up trying to decide which is best. The crescent crust is soft and flaky and the veggies are raw and crispy. This makes a perfect contrast and allows all the nutrients in the veggies to be consumed. Your kids will love eating their veggies and there won’t be much of a cleanup for mom. Try this Veggie Pizza today! Please leave your veggie additions in the comment section below. Feel free to add meats and even fruits. This dish is healthy and yummy!
For more Meatless Meal ideas see Meatless Friday Meals During Lent Or If you like pizza then click on Homemade Pizza Calzones, Chili Dog Pizza, Chicken Club Pizza or Crescent Veggie Pizza. Enjoy!
The crescent crust is soft and flaky and the veggies are raw and crispy. Your kids will love eating their veggies and there won't be much of a cleanup for mom.
- 2 cans 8 oz each Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ Place 'n Bake™ refrigerated crescent rounds or Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup small fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup quartered cucumber slices
- 1 plum Roma tomato, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup thin sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup green pepper
Heat oven to 375°F.
If using crescent rolls: Unroll both cans of dough; separate dough into 4 long rectangles. In ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, place dough; press in bottom and up sides to form crust. If using dough sheets: Unroll both cans of dough. In ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, place dough; press in bottom and up sides to form crust.
Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
In small bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, dill and garlic powder until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with vegetables. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving. Cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All content and images are copyright protected.