Don’t you just love a nice hot bowl of soup on a dreary and damp day? Soup is one of my favorite comfort foods. Cream soups, full of vegetables and spices are best especially when homemade. A soup that can be ready in under 30 minutes and enjoyed with crackers or a sandwich is what I call heaven in a bowl. Enjoy some today with your family. Homemade Creamy Mushroom Soup is a great lunch for the kids and a hungry hubby.
Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons onions chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour separated
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut the mushrooms into slices.
- Melt butter in large frying pan. Add in onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until onions are soft.
- Blend in 2 T. flour and stir.
- Add in the chicken broth and heat until slightly thickened while stirring frequently.
- Stir cream with additional 1 T. flour and seasonings. Add in cream to soup. Heat to thicken while stirring frequently.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.