This tried and true recipe is always a hit at a pot luck or family gathering. Fresh fruit, cream cheese and brown sugar give it a tangy covering everyone will love. There are many versions of this Creamy Grape Salad, but in my opinion none compare to this one! Serve it alone or as a side dish, your family will ask for seconds. This grape salad is just what grandma would make for a gathering.
Creamy Grape Salad
- 1 package 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes
- 2 pounds seedless green grapes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until blended. Add grapes and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans just before serving.
- Yield: 21-24 servings.