This tried and true recipe is always a hit at a pot luck or family gathering. Fresh fruit, cream cheese and brown sugar give it a tangy covering everyone will love. There are many versions of this Creamy Grape Salad, but in my opinion none compare to this one! Serve it alone or as a side dish, your family will ask for seconds. This grape salad is just what grandma would make for a gathering.
Creamy Grape Salad
- 1 package 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes
- 2 pounds seedless green grapes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until blended. Add grapes and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans just before serving.
- Yield: 21-24 servings.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.