Cranberry Cream Cheese Loaf ~I love making bread because it makes my kitchen smell so good and It can be eaten at anytime. This is a sweet bread with a creamy center and a hint of citrus. I always have cream cheese on hand because so many wonderful recipes call for its use. This bread is very healthy and so easy to make! It doesn’t require the use of yeast which is a plus for me. I substituted almond flour and then added a handful of almond slivers that I had leftover to the batter to make it nuttier. Any type of nuts can be used if you desire. They are purely optional. Add a bit of orange zest on top for garnish.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Loaf
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs divided
- 1-1/2 cups flour I used almond flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup orange juice with or without pulp
- 1 Tbs orange zest for top of loaf optional
- 1 ½ cups cranberries about 6 ounces, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup toasted pecans finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 cups Post Selects Cranberry Almond Crunch Cereal
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat cream cheese and 1 of the eggs in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended; set aside. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Beat remaining egg in another small bowl; stir in the juice and oil. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Add almonds and cranberries. Stir in cereal.
- Spoon half of the batter into greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over batter; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 55 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 min. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Cut into 16 slices to serve. Makes 16 servings, 1 slice each.