If you are looking for a fresh cranberry sauce with a twist then you need to try this Cranberry Apple Relish. 4 ingredients and 20 minutes of your time is all this fresh side needs. The best part is you make it up the night before. That means 1 less thing to take up your attention when you are preparing that signature meal! #cranberry #relish #holiday For more apple recipes see An Apple A day.
Adding sliced oranges for flavor.
Cranberry Apple Relish
If you are looking for a fresh cranberry sauce with a twist then you need to try this Cranberry Apple Relish.
- 3 medium sized apples like Northern Spy, or Granny Smith
- 1 lb. bag fresh cranberries
- 2 naval oranges (optional)
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup sugar, (add to taste)
- Freeze cranberries 4 hours or overnight.
- Core apples but leave peel on.
- Place half of each in food processor and pulse into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Empty into bowl. Repeat with other half. Add into bowl. Add sugar and mix thoroughly.
- If using oranges Leave peel on oranges, chop off ends.
- Chop oranges with peel on into 1/4 pieces. Mix carefully into cranberries.
- Let set one hour.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0.13 g
Saturated Fat 0.01 g
Unsaturated Fat 0.046 g
Sodium 6 mg
Total Carbohydrates 25 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 19.84 g
Protein 0.29 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.