If you are looking for a fresh cranberry sauce with a twist then you need to try this Cranberry Apple Relish. 4 ingredients and 20 minutes of your time is all this fresh side needs. The best part is you make it up the night before. That means 1 less thing to take up your attention when you are preparing that signature meal! #cranberry #relish #holiday For more apple recipes see An Apple A day. But want more cranberry? Find this Cranberry Cream Cheese Loaf
Adding sliced oranges for flavor.
Cranberry Apple Relish
- 3 medium sized apples like Northern Spy or Granny Smith
- 1 lb. bag fresh cranberries
- 2 naval oranges optional
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup sugar (add to taste)
- Freeze cranberries 4 hours or overnight.
- Core apples but leave peel on.
- Place half of each in food processor and pulse into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Empty into bowl. Repeat with other half. Add into bowl. Add sugar and mix thoroughly.
- If using oranges Leave peel on oranges, chop off ends.
- Chop oranges with peel on into 1/4 pieces. Mix carefully into cranberries.
- Let set one hour.