Corned Beef and Coleslaw Sandwich ~You won’t need the luck of the Irish to turn your extra corned beef into delectable sandwiches that will disappear quicker than a leprechaun’s wink. Best of all, these open-faced sandwiches, with layers of savory beef, creamy slaw and melty Swiss, take only 15 minutes to put together. Also try this Corned Beef and Turkey Sandwich!
Corned Beef and Coleslaw Sandwich
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1/2 pound corned beef thinly sliced
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Place coleslaw mix in a small bowl. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, mustard and salt. Pour over coleslaw mix and toss to coat.
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until toasted. Layer with corned beef, coleslaw mixture and cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.