You can’t call this Cheesecake Month on Marilyn’s Treats without adding Cookies and Cream. I use oreos but any chocolate wafer with filling will work. The filling is lighter than New York style but a bit heavier than some of my others. You can whip this up in 15 minutes. Just like a fruit pie you bake it for about an hour. No spring form pan? No worries. Feel free to use a prepared crust. Just buy two since they aren’t as deep! Enjoy!
Click the link for my signature Hot Fudge Sauce
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
Yield 16 Slices
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake. Another decadent dessert for guests.
- 1 1/2 cups crushed creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (15 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 3 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 10 cookies)
- Whipped cream
- Crushed creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
Heat oven to 325°F. In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients; mix well. Press in bottom and up sides of ungreased 10-inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until smooth. At low speed, add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until blended. Add whipping cream, 2 tablespoons margarine and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in 1 cup chopped cookies. Pour into crust-lined pan.
Bake at 325°F. for 50 to 60 minutes or until edges are set; center of cheesecake will be soft. Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake sit in oven for 30 minutes or until center is set.
Remove cheesecake from oven. Cool in pan on wire rack for 1 hour or until completely cooled. Carefully remove sides of pan. Refrigerate 8 hours.
Just before serving, top cheesecake with whipped cream; sprinkle with crushed cookies. Store in refrigerator.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 34 g
Saturated Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 125 mg
Sodium 310 mg
Dietary Fiber 1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.