You can’t call this Cheesecake Month on Marilyn’s Treats without adding Cookies and Cream. I use oreos but any chocolate wafer with filling will work. The filling is lighter than New York style but a bit heavier than some of my others. You can whip this up in 15 minutes. Just like a fruit pie you bake it for about an hour. No spring form pan? No worries. Feel free to use a prepared crust. Just buy two since they aren’t as deep! Enjoy! To go along with a Greek Salad choose, White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake, or Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
Click the link for my signature Hot Fudge Sauce
My Tip Friday, 6 Tips To A Perfect Cheesecake Experience will guide you to that perfect cheesecake outcome!
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups crushed creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies 15 cookies
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter softenedFilling:
- 3 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies about 10 cookies
- Whipped cream
- Crushed creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- Heat oven to 325°F. In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients; mix well. Press in bottom and up sides of ungreased 10-inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until smooth. At low speed, add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until blended. Add whipping cream, 2 tablespoons margarine and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in 1 cup chopped cookies. Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 325°F. for 50 to 60 minutes or until edges are set; center of cheesecake will be soft. Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake sit in oven for 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove cheesecake from oven. Cool in pan on wire rack for 1 hour or until completely cooled. Carefully remove sides of pan. Refrigerate 8 hours.
- Just before serving, top cheesecake with whipped cream; sprinkle with crushed cookies. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.