You can’t call this Cheesecake Month on Marilyn’s Treats without adding Cookies and Cream. I use oreos but any chocolate wafer with filling will work. The filling is lighter than New York style but a bit heavier than some of my others. You can whip this up in 15 minutes. Just like a fruit pie you bake it for about an hour. No spring form pan? No worries. Feel free to use a prepared crust. Just buy two since they aren’t as deep! Enjoy!
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
Yield 16 Slices
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake. Another decadent dessert for guests.
- 1 1/2 cups crushed creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (15 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 3 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 10 cookies)
- Whipped cream
- Crushed creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
Heat oven to 325°F. In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients; mix well. Press in bottom and up sides of ungreased 10-inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until smooth. At low speed, add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until blended. Add whipping cream, 2 tablespoons margarine and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in 1 cup chopped cookies. Pour into crust-lined pan.
Bake at 325°F. for 50 to 60 minutes or until edges are set; center of cheesecake will be soft. Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake sit in oven for 30 minutes or until center is set.
Remove cheesecake from oven. Cool in pan on wire rack for 1 hour or until completely cooled. Carefully remove sides of pan. Refrigerate 8 hours.
Just before serving, top cheesecake with whipped cream; sprinkle with crushed cookies. Store in refrigerator.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 34 g
Saturated Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 125 mg
Sodium 310 mg
Dietary Fiber 1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.