You can’t call this Cheesecake Month on Marilyn’s Treats without adding Cookies and Cream. I use oreos but any chocolate wafer with filling will work. The filling is lighter than New York style but a bit heavier than some of my others. You can whip this up in 15 minutes. Just like a fruit pie you bake it for about an hour. No spring form pan? No worries. Feel free to use a prepared crust. Just buy two since they aren’t as deep! Enjoy! To go along with a Greek Salad choose, White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake, or Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
Click the link for my signature Hot Fudge Sauce
My Tip Friday, 6 Tips To A Perfect Cheesecake Experience will guide you to that perfect cheesecake outcome!
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups crushed creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies 15 cookies
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter softenedFilling:
- 3 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies about 10 cookies
- Whipped cream
- Crushed creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- Heat oven to 325°F. In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients; mix well. Press in bottom and up sides of ungreased 10-inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until smooth. At low speed, add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until blended. Add whipping cream, 2 tablespoons margarine and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in 1 cup chopped cookies. Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 325°F. for 50 to 60 minutes or until edges are set; center of cheesecake will be soft. Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake sit in oven for 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove cheesecake from oven. Cool in pan on wire rack for 1 hour or until completely cooled. Carefully remove sides of pan. Refrigerate 8 hours.
- Just before serving, top cheesecake with whipped cream; sprinkle with crushed cookies. Store in refrigerator.