Top this rich and indulgent coconut cake with a delicate swirl of grated lemon peel to add a little color. Also known as Better than Brad Pitt Cake, but I will need to make it a few times to verify that! Of course a little taste testing can’t hurt anything either!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (7 ounce) package BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, divided
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in ⅔ cup of the coconut. Pour evenly into two 9-inch round baking pans. Bake as directed on package. Cool in pans 10 min.; remove to wire racks. Cool cakes completely.
- Pour milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mix and sugar. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick.) Gently stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate 15 min.