What can you make with 5 ingredients in less than 30 minutes that everyone will find festive? This Christmas Tree Pizza Pull Apart that’s what!
Pizza dough, cream cheese, mozzarella and butter with spices create a great appetizer for a festive party.
This Christmas tree pull apart is a quick and easy appetizer that everyone will love. I took it to a family party and didn’t even get through the door before my niece squealed. “Pinterest”! Yes I made this recipe that I found on Pinterest by Eclectic Recipes.
I did make a few changes from her recipe to make it faster and easier. First of all, the biggest change, was my granddaughter practically made the entire thing while I was figuring out how to style the dish. I only had to roll the dough and place it on the pan.
I found that the recipe as written didn’t work with the amount of dough described. I had to use 3 tubes of pizza dough to get 35 balls.
Then I needed to keep the cheese for the center the same. Doubling it would have made it impossible to stuff the dough balls.
I also didn’t use the cloves of garlic or basil. I substituted Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning. It was delicious!!
Everyone at the party thought the Christmas Tree shape was so cute. And the smell of the garlic reminded me of my grandma at this time of the year.
I am thinking of making these for my New Years Eve Party. I will try shaping it like a champagne glass tipped on its side.
I will let you know how that turns out!!
Christmas Tree Pizza Pull Apart
- 39 Oz pizza crust (refrigerated regular pizza crust, 3 rolls Pillsbury)
- 8 oz cream cheese (one brick), room temperature
- 1 cup (16 oz)shredded mozzarella cheese (or Italian blend shredded cheese)
- 4 tbs Softened butter
- 1 clove garlic (minced very fine)
- 3 tbs basil (freshly chopped, and rosemary)
- 2 cups marinara sauce (warmed, for dipping) or 1 14oz jar.
- Heat oven to 400°. Lay pizza dough on a work surface and stretch to a 10 x 15 inch size. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 36 equal squares. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and shredded cheese. Mix well.
- Add one tablespoon of the cheese mixture to each dough square. Make a ball with the dough, sealing the edges. Place on a cookie sheet in a Christmas tree form as shown in the photos above. Bake for 15 – 17 minutes, or until golden brown.
- After removing pull-apart from the oven, brush with butter and sprinkle with chopped herbs. Serve pull apart with marinara sauce.
I used 2 cookie pans to lay out the dough. But it all fit on one when I made the tree.
I cut 35 balls, but some were bigger than others.©MARILYN’S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.