If you’re short on time this year but want to make Christmas cookies that everyone will remember, try these Melt In Your Mouth Butter Sugar Cookies. This is an easy Christmas cookie recipe for sugar cookies that are soft and chewy in the middle with a melt in your mouth flavor from adding butter. Dyeing the dough red and green will cut down on decorating time, and the dough can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until you’re ready to bake. These sugar cookies are absolutely adorable! For more cookie recipes see Ultimate Cookie Bloopers
Christmas Spirit Sugar Cookies
If you're short on time this year but want to make Christmas cookies that everyone will remember, try these Melt-In-Your-Mouth Butter Sugar Cookies.
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Sanding sugar, sparkling sugar or sprinkles of your choice
- Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Divide dough in half. Place one half in mixing bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of Red Food Coloring and mix on low speed until incorporated. Remove red dough, clean bowl and beater and repeat using Green Food Coloring to second roll of dough. Roll each half 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Using a small circle cookie cutter (or any size you prefer) Cut out circles. Roll each circle in the palm of your hands until sticky and all flour is removed, then dip in sparkling sugar to coat evenly on all sides.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
Recipe Source: Buttercream Bakehouse
©MARILYN'S TREATS. Images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 60 mg
Total Carbohydrates 12 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.