These chocolate crinkle cookies are a part of my basic batters since there are so many different ways to dress them. You can literally make a 100 different cookies from this recipe. The white powdered sugar is what gives the cookie that contrast of dark to white. Once you make the chocolate dough balls you can roll them into any topping you like. Powder sugar will sit on top of the crinkles that appear giving them the dark and white contrast. Unsweetened cocoa creates a powder texture around the cookie center. Cinnamon, chocolate or colored sprinkles add not only flavor but color as well. Colored sugar can be used for the holiday of your choice. #chocolate #crinkle #cookies See my York Mint Sugar Cookies and also Ultimate Cookie Bloopers for more recipes.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter melted then cooled
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate melted, cooled
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- white powdered sugar cinnamon sugar, or cocoa for rolling the cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray or grease a cookie sheet
- Stir melted, butter, melted chocolate, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Blend them well with a spoon, not a mixer
- Stir in the flour until blended
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls thrn roll the ball in your sugar
- Place them 2 inches apart on the sheet
- Refrigerate dough and cookie sheet for about 15 minutes. You will get a better shaped cookie this way because the butter doesn't spread so fast while cooking.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until they are set, still soft with the tops cracked. (Be careful to NOT over bake!)
- Allow to cool on wire rack about 15 minutes before plating.