What is better than a Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie that is warm just out of the oven? Why, another Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie, that’s what! Unless you live in a far away place isolated from modern conveniences you can relate to what I am talking about. Wanting to put a spin on the popular cookie I conferred with JoJo on how to make them different this year. The recipe developer in her came right out and she immediately offered that we needed to change the way we bake them, and leave the recipe alone. I agreed. And other than the fact we both put the vanilla in the batter (it didn’t hurt a thing), our cookies became the best we had ever made! We didn’t want bars or muffins, the giant cookie was out, so we made our cookies in a muffin pan. That allowed us to make all the cookies the same size, and they rose about half as tall as a muffin would. They cooked completely without burning and no raw middles. They stayed soft and didn’t crumble when we ate them, and they looked so gorgeous! Another hit from my favorite bestie, JoJo! We had so much fun baking these we are still laughing today! For more cookie recipes see Ultimate Cookie Bloopers
Chocolate Chip High Rise Cookies
What is better than a Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie that is warm just out of the oven? Why, another Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie, that's what!
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup (4 sticks) butter
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon into greased muffin pan. I used a 2" cookie scoop to measure.
- BAKE for 10 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe Source: Very Best Baking
May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 45 mg
Sodium 465 mg
Total Carbohydrates 9 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Protein 24 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.