What could you want from a Cheesecake? Oreo Crust? Check. Chocolate? Check. Cherries? Check. Low Calorie? Well, let’s get real. Not this one. But it is light and creamy and relative simple to make. Does that count? I am testing this one today. If my guests enjoy it as much as my family I will be on top the the world!! Enjoy!For more romantic recipes see my Red Velvet Sweetheart Collection! More Cheesecakes? Cherry Pineapple Cheesecake, Chocolate Marble Cheesecake, and Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake.
My Tip Friday, 6 Tips To A Perfect Cheesecake Experience will guide you to that perfect cheesecake outcome!
Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
- 18 OREO Cookies finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine melted
- 3 pkg. 8 oz. each PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 ozs. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
Sweet Cherry Sauce:
- 3 pounds fresh pitted cherries or 2 pounds frozen cherries and 1 pound fresh
- ¼ cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ cup cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla optional
- HEAT oven to 325°F.
- MIX cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 min.
- BEAT cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add chocolate; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- BAKE 45 to 55 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
- Remove pits and stems from 2 pounds of cherries and place in a small sauce pan (you may use frozen cherries for this step). Add water and sprinkle with sugar. Bring the cherries to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place a fine sieve over a mixing bowl. Scoop the cherries into the sieve a little at a time and press the cherries with the back of a wooden spoon to release the juice and pulp into the bowl. Scrape the skins out of the sieve and repeat until all of the cherries have been juiced.
- Return the juice to the sauce pan over medium heat and stir in the lemon juice. Combine the bottled cherry juice with the cornstarch to make a slurry and stir until there are no lumps. Slowly pour the slurry into the sauce pan while whisking.
- Gently simmer until the cherry juice reaches the desired thickness. It will become thicker as it cools.
- Just before removing the sauce from the heat, add the remaining one pound of pitted cherries and fold into the sauce. Allow the sauce to return to a boil and immediately remove from the heat. The cherries should retain a firm texture.
- Let the sauce cool and pour into a jar. Keep refrigerated for up to one week.
- Prep: 30Cook: 25
- HOW TO BAKE IN 13X9-INCH PAN:
- Prepare as directed, substituting a greased foil-lined 13x9-inch pan for the springform pan, and reducing the baking time to 40 to 45 min. or until center is almost set. Use foil handles to remove chilled cheesecake from pan before cutting to serve
- If using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan, reduce oven temperature to 300°F.