These adorable little tepees are filled with yummy chocolate cake and are sure to make everyone smile at YOUR Thanksgiving feast! Get the kids to help you decorate these yummy teepees and they can use them along with the Pilgrim Hat Treats as place cards at their special table. They can choose to be. Pilgrim or an Indian for the day. Challenge them to make up a play with their version of the first Thanksgiving and they can practice during food preparation and perform during dessert! Everyone will have a great time and the kids will have something to keep them busy as they become the center of attention!
- 24 pointed ice cream cones
- One boxed cake mix in chocolate and ingredients to make it
- One bag (12 oz) of Wilton Candy Melts in dark chocolate.
- 2 cups Leaf sprinkles
- 72 Straight pretzel sticks
- Cover the entire top of a large springform pan with aluminum foil, wrapping it around several times.
- Use a small knife or scissors to make a tiny slit in the center.
- Push the pointed tip of one ice cream cone through the slit until the tip rests on the inside bottom of the pan.
- Repeat this with the rest of the cones.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Make cake mix according to box, and spoon or pipe into cones, filling them about ⅔ full.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
- Use a knife to cut the points off of each cone. I scoring around the edge with the knife and then just snap the tip off with your fingers.
- Trim off tops of cupcakes to make a flat bottom.
- Melt candy melts in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Dip the flat end of the cone into the chocolate, coating it completely.
- Dip chocolate into a bowl filled with leaf sprinkles.
- Set coated cone on parchment paper to harden up.
- Place remaining chocolate into a small zip-top bag and clip a corner.
- Pipe a bit of chocolate on the top of each tepee and then stick 3 pretzel sticks into the top.
- After chocolate has hardened up, serve and enjoy!!!
Be sure to visit this awesome blog for more yummy EASY recipes!