Want to reproduce a relaxing evening in a quaint Italian cafe? Treat your loved one to this delicious chicken entree topped in a cream sauce with spinach and parmesan cheese. Add buttered pasta, a salad and a bottle of your favorite wine. Don’t forget the soft music playing in the background. Need a great dessert? I can offer plenty of choices!Enjoy this delicious chicken entree topped in a cream sauce with spinach and parmesan cheese. #chicken #spinach #parmesan #florentineClick To Tweet
Chicken Florentine with Spinach and Parmesan Cheese
Treat your loved one to this delicious chicken entree topped in a cream sauce with spinach and parmesan cheese. Add buttered pasta, a salad and a bottle of your favorite wine. Enjoy!
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- dash dried basil
- dash ground thyme
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup half-and-half or whipping cream
- 5 cups cooked chicken, sliced or diced
- 3/4 cup half-and-half or whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spinach according to package instructions, drain well.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter; add minced garlic, basil, and thyme. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon flour and blend well. Add 1/3 cup half-and-half and the spinach; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into the bottom of a lightly buttered 2-quart casserole or baking dish. Cover with cooked chicken slices.
- Over medium low heat, melt remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and blend in remaining 3 tablespoons of flour, stirring until smooth. Gradually stir in 3/4 cup half-and-half and 3/4 cup chicken broth; continue cooking and stirring until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover all with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve with buttered pasta of choice and your favorite wine!
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned.