Enjoy this chicken and vegetables soup made using gnocchi, Progresso® chicken broth and Green Giant® baby sweet peas – a delicious slow-cooked dinner. This hearty soup will warm you up on a cold and rainy day while providing many nutritious herbs and vegetables. Your kids will finish their first bowl and ask for more!
This hearty soup will warm you up on a cold and rainy day while providing many nutritious herbs and vegetables.
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup julienne carrots 1 1/2x1/4x1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped celery 1 medium stalk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 medium
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 Carton 32 oz Progresso® chicken broth
- 1 Can 10 3/4 oz condensed cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
- 1 Package 16 oz gnocchi Not frozen
- 1 Package 9 oz Green Giant® frozen baby sweet peas Thawed
In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned and no longer pink in the center.
Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix chicken and remaining ingredients except gnocchi and peas.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
Increase heat setting to High. Stir in gnocchi and peas. Cover; cook about 30 minutes longer or until gnocchi and peas are tender.
Slow cook 8-10 hours
Gnocchi are sometimes available frozen. If you use frozen gnocchi, be sure to thaw first before adding to the soup.
Plain cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup will work in this recipe, but the roasted garlic variety adds lots of flavor.