Chicken and Bacon Mac and Cheese in a Sourdough bread bowl is a delicious way to feed adults and children too! This creamy mac n Cheese has grilled chicken and bacon added to take it up a notch for an adult. Served in a warm bread bowl take this dish over the top. Kids and adults alike will feel warm and cozy on a cool night.
Want more Mac n Cheese ideas for adults and kids? See my Chili Mac n Cheese Hot Dog Casserole, BBQ Chicken and Smoke Gouda Mac n Cheese, Shrimp and Crap Mac n Cheese and Chicken and Bacon Mac and Cheese in a Sourdough Bread Bowl.
Chicken and Bacon Mac and Cheese in a Sourdough Bread Bowl
- 4-6 slice bacon cut into small pieces
- 1 box pasta shells work best, but any short pasta will do
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 c milk
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 c shredded cheese
- 4-6 small round bread loaves for the bowls
- 2 pkgs pre-cooked Grilled Chicken strips chopped (from the dairy section)
- Set oven to low broil.
- In small saute pan, brown the chopped bacon. Do not drain off grease.
- In large pot, bring water to rolling boil and add pasta. Cook pasta according to directions.
- In a small pot, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and make a paste, add the milk and stir until mix is creamy smooth.
- Add shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the drained pasta to the bacon, stir well. This adds a nice crispy texture to the pasta. Stir the cheese mix and chopped chicken into the bacon and pasta. Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Broil until top is browned.
- Make a circular cut into the top of the bread. (Similar to carving a pumpkin. Remove the bread from the center, leaving about 2” of crust. Save the removed bread.
- Fill each bread bow with the mac and cheese mixture and serve!!
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.