The Cherpumple Cake is a three-layer cake made around a stack of cherry, pumpkin and apple pies. Yes, that right. A pumpkin pie, an apple pie and a cherry pie, all baked into a cake. Quite possibly one of the unholiest culinary creations ever to ride into town on the dessert cart, the Cherpumple is a treat of sickening proportions. This frosted monster is an especially unique dessert for the friend or family member that always wants to “sample” a bit of everything. You can also make each pie from scratch, but this cake turns out best using prebaked frozen pies because it is less fragile to work with. Besides, who wants to make three scratch pies for one dessert? For more pumpkin recipes see The Great Pumpkin Roundup or For more apple recipes see An Apple A day.
The Cherpumple Cake is a three-layer cake made around a stack of cherry, pumpkin and apple pies.
- 1 8" frozen pumpkin pie
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 8" frozen apple pie
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 8" frozen cherry pie
- 1 box white cake mix
- eggs and oil according to the cake mix
- 3 tall tubs of cream cheese frosting
- 3 8.5" round cake pans
- Bake pies according to instructions and cool to room temperature overnight. Mix cake batter according to instructions.
- For each layer pour about 1 1/3 cup of batter in the cake pan. Carefully de-tin the baked pie and place it face up on top of the batter in the cake pan. Push down lightly to release any trapped air.
- Pour enough batter on top to cover the pie. Bake according to box instructions. Cool and remove from pans the frost it like you mean it.
For the best results, use pre-baked pies or frozen pies. Also, use boxed cake mix. This is primarily for rigidity: while cakes and pies made from scratch are delicious, they tend to be delicate. The pre-fab stuff is unnaturally sturdy. Also, if you make everything from scratch, you have to mix and bake six full desserts before you can assemble the Cherpumple. That's an all-day affair. Preserve your sanity by going frozen.
Recipe Source: Charles Phoenix
©MARILYN'S TREATS. Please feel free to use my images and recipe for your own use. To republish this recipe, all I ask is to link back to this post.
No Nutrition Facts available. If you have to ask then this one is not for you!!
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.