This Cheesy Rice Casserole with Broccoli is so versatile! Trade out the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and any meat you may add and substitute water, mushroom soup, and chopped portabella mushrooms for a hearty vegetarian casserole. Your family will love this easy dish and it is a ONE pan meal ready in under an hour. Add a veggie and some rolls and dinner is ready! You can’t get dinner ready any easier this. Try it today. Let me know in the comments below any changes you may make! I love to hear from my readers!
Cheesy Rice Casserole with Broccoli
Your family will love this easy dish and it is a ONE pan meal ready in under an hour.
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 can white beans
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry minced onion
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare brown rice as directed using chicken broth instead of water in cast iron skillet.
- Rinse and drain beans. Microwave broccoli. Set aside.
- When rice is done, add cream of chicken soup and milk. Stir.
- Add broccoli, white beans, garlic salt, pepper and mozzarella cheese to rice mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir. Add additional cheese if desired. Bake additional 15 minutes.
- Add cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken soup.
- Add 1/2 rotisserie chicken.
- Change up veggies add salsa.
- The possibilities are endless.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images & content are copyright protected.