Get out your cast iron skillet! It is time to get it sizzlin’! This Cheesy Rice Casserole with Broccoli is so versatile! Trade out the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and any meat you may add and substitute water, mushroom soup, and chopped portabella mushrooms for a hearty vegetarian casserole. Your family will love this easy dish and it is a ONE pan meal ready in under an hour. Add a veggie and some rolls and dinner is ready! You can’t get dinner ready any easier this. Try it today. Let me know in the comments below any changes you may make! I love to hear from my readers!
For more Meatless Meal ideas see Meatless Friday Meals During Lent
Cheesy Rice Casserole with Broccoli
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 can white beans
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry minced onion
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare brown rice as directed using chicken broth instead of water in cast iron skillet.
- Rinse and drain beans. Microwave broccoli. Set aside.
- When rice is done, add cream of chicken soup and milk. Stir.
- Add broccoli, white beans, garlic salt, pepper and mozzarella cheese to rice mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir. Add additional cheese if desired. Bake additional 15 minutes.
- Add cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken soup.
- Add 1/2 rotisserie chicken.
- Change up veggies add salsa.
- The possibilities are endless.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.