This is so easy to make but it will give that WOW factor to your dinner. I used potato chips for the topping, but most recipes call for corn flakes. The cheese is so yummy and I get asked to make this for all the family get togethers. I never have leftovers from this, so make sure you get the first helping and hide it in the kitchen!
My granddaughter wanted to help me style the ingredients and take the photo. When she was done she brought me the camera and started singing this Sesame Street song:
One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things doesn’t belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others,
By the time I finish my song?
Can you spot it? Yes. She is spoiled by Grandma.
Steps 1- Melt butter, and mix together the onions and soup. Remove from heat.
Step 2- Add sour ceam to mixture. Spread evenly over potatoes.
Step 3- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
Step 4- Out of the oven.
Step 5- Add chips and cool.
Step 6- Let’s eat!
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns I use the diced kind
- 1 stick butter
- 1 10 1/2 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 16 oz cup sour cream
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese I sometimes use cheddar jack.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 handfuls crushed potato chips
- Gather ingredients.
- Defrost potatoes and place in rectangular pan.
- Melt butter, and mix together the onions and soup. Remove from heat.
- Add sour ceam to mixture. Spread evely over potatoes. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle potato chips on top.
- Let stand 10 minutes and serve.