My brother-in-law makes these all the time. His 5 year old daughter does everything but the grilling of the chicken so you know they are easy to make. I love one dish meals, especially with alot of yummy cheese so you gotta know I needed this recipe! I use the Tyson chicken strips that are precooked since I don’t have alot of time to prep and they are just as good as his. You can find the Tyson strips in the aisle with the prepacked bacon at your local market. Once you give these a try you will want to make them often. Your family will thank you!
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
I love one dish meals, especially with alot of yummy cheese so you gotta know I needed this recipe!
- 2 cans Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 TBS butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 chicken breasts cooled and cubed ( I use the already made fiesta chicken strips found in the lunch meat isle)
- 8 oz chopped green chiles
- 1 package of 8-10 flour tortillas
- 12 oz bag co-jack shredded cheese
- 2 TBS diced jalapeño peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl stir together soup and sour cream until smooth. Set mixture aside.
- In large frying pan (or 2 qt saucepan) over medium heat, add in hot margarine and cook onion and chili powder until onion is tender, stirring often.
- Stir in chicken, chilies, and (4) TBS of soup mixture. Jalapeño peppers can be added to the mixture now, or to individual enchiladas in step #6.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread chicken mixture along center of tortilla.
- Place enchiladas seam side down in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Spread remaining soup mixture over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the entire contents of the baking dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes to melt cheese and warm the enchiladas.
Mission brand tortillas work better than Aztec brand.
Chicken can be cooked between steps #3 or #4 or can be grilled.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 3.8 g
Unsaturated Fat 1.8 g
Cholesterol 43 mg
Sodium 798 mg
Total Carbohydrates 21 g
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 17.4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.