My brother-in-law makes these all the time. His 5 year old daughter does everything but the grilling of the chicken so you know they are easy to make. I love one dish meals, especially with alot of yummy cheese so you gotta know I needed this recipe! I use the Tyson chicken strips that are precooked since I don’t have alot of time to prep and they are just as good as his. You can find the Tyson strips in the aisle with the prepacked bacon at your local market. Once you give these a try you will want to make them often. Your family will thank you!
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cans Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 TBS butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 chicken breasts cooled and cubed I use the already made fiesta chicken strips found in the lunch meat isle
- 8 oz chopped green chiles
- 1 package of 8-10 flour tortillas
- 12 oz bag co-jack shredded cheese
- 2 TBS diced jalapeño peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl stir together soup and sour cream until smooth. Set mixture aside.
- In large frying pan (or 2 qt saucepan) over medium heat, add in hot margarine and cook onion and chili powder until onion is tender, stirring often.
- Stir in chicken, chilies, and (4) TBS of soup mixture. Jalapeño peppers can be added to the mixture now, or to individual enchiladas in step #6.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread chicken mixture along center of tortilla.
- Place enchiladas seam side down in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Spread remaining soup mixture over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the entire contents of the baking dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes to melt cheese and warm the enchiladas.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.