This is an easy traditional carrot cake. It is moist and comes together quickly. To make the icing carrots, you can use fondant molds from Wilton’s. They can be found at most stores that carry baking goods or at Amazon.com. This recipe isn’t heavy with shredded carrot so if you want more, feel free to add it.
This is an easy traditional carrot cake. It is moist and comes together quickly. To make the icing carrots, you can use fondant molds from Wilton's. They can be found at most stores that carry baking goods or at Amazon.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick salted butter, room temperature
- 1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round pans; Line bottom of the pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs and vegetable oil. Using a hand mixer, blend until combined. Add carrots.
- Pour into pans. Bake for approximately 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, place on waxed paper and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting:
- Add all ingredients into a medium bowl and beat until fluffy using a hand mixer. Spread frosting on top of each cake layer. Stack the cakes on a serving plate and serve.
Tip:Amazon.com carries fondant molds for roses, ribbons, hearts, and many more icing decorations.© MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.