This is an easy traditional carrot cake. It is moist and comes together quickly. To make the icing carrots, you can use fondant molds from Wilton’s. They can be found at most stores that carry baking goods or at Amazon.com. This recipe isn’t heavy with shredded carrot so if you want more, feel free to add it. Have your veggies and eat your dessert too. This Pumpkin Pie and Carrot Cake will check both boxes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 2 Pkg cream cheese 8 oz size, room temperature
- 1 Stick salted butter room temperature
- 16 Ounce Powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round pans; Line bottom of the pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs and vegetable oil. Using a hand mixer, blend until combined. Add carrots.
- Pour into pans. Bake for approximately 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, place on waxed paper and allow to cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
- Add all ingredients into a medium bowl and beat until fluffy using a hand mixer. Spread frosting on top of each cake layer. Stack the cakes on a serving plate and serve.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.