Now you can have your cake and eat it too! This isn’t your traditional carrot cake. Better than Grandma used to make but just as moist and delicious. This culinary treasure is easy to put together and full of secret goodness. And the best part of all is that it is Gluten Free so you can enjoy a big piece! #carrot #cake #glutenfree
Carrot Cake Gluten Free
You can have your cake and eat it too! Gluten Free Carrot Cake featured today. #carrotcake
- Carrot Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose or gluten free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (1 teaspoon fine sea or table salt = about 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups grated peeled carrots (5 to 6 medium carrots)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, for topping cake
- Heat the oven to 350º F. Grease and flour the bottom and sides of two 9-inch by 2-inch cake pans
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt and the cinnamon until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, sugars and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, stirring gently until they disappear and the batter is smooth. Stir in the carrots, nuts and raisins. Hold out a few nuts for garnishing the sides.
- Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans. Bake until the tops of the cake layers are springy when touched and when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean; 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool cakes in pans for 15 minutes then turn out onto cooling racks.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a handheld mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the powdered sugar, a 1/4 cup at a time until fluffy. Pour in cream and beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Chill covered until ready to frost cake.
- When the cake layers are completely cool, frost the top of one cake layer, place the other cake layer on top. Frost the topand sides. Scatter nuts on frosted sides.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 1.9 g
Cholesterol 126 mg
Sodium 221 mg
Total Carbohydrates 48 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 39 g
Protein 10 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.