Since I am sidelined with my broken foot I decided to go through my photo stash and “relive” some great moments. Of course cheesecake was the first category. I usually bake my cheesecakes as they aren’t as sticky as no bake. But any cheesecake can easily be converted. This combination is indescribably delicious so I won’t try. You just have to taste it! I think I may open a cream cheese business. What do you think? #caramel #cheesecake My Tip Friday, 6 Tips To A Perfect Cheesecake Experience will guide you to that perfect cheesecake outcome!
Caramel Praline Topped Cheesecake
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers about 45 wafers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 16 whole vanilla wafers
- 3 packages 8 ounces each cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 25 caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Arrange whole wafers, rounded sides out, along sides of pan, pressing lightly into crumbs.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- In a microwave, melt caramels with milk; stir until smooth. Remove rim from pan. Drizzle cheesecake with caramel mixture; sprinkle with pecans.
- Freeze option: Wrap individual portions of cheesecake in plastic wrap and place in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal bag and freeze for future use. To use, thaw completely in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.