Since I am sidelined with my broken foot I decided to go through my photo stash and “relive” some great moments. Of course cheesecake was the first category. I usually bake my cheesecakes as they aren’t as sticky as no bake. But any cheesecake can easily be converted. This combination is indescribably delicious so I won’t try. You just have to taste it! I think I may open a cream cheese business. What do you think? #caramel #cheesecake
Caramel Praline Topped Cheesecake
Pralines and Caramel and Cheesecake. Oh My! I am in heaven. #caramel #cheesecake
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 16 whole vanilla wafers
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 25 caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Arrange whole wafers, rounded sides out, along sides of pan, pressing lightly into crumbs.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- In a microwave, melt caramels with milk; stir until smooth. Remove rim from pan. Drizzle cheesecake with caramel mixture; sprinkle with pecans.
- Freeze option: Wrap individual portions of cheesecake in plastic wrap and place in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal bag and freeze for future use. To use, thaw completely in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 22 g
Cholesterol 22 mg
Sodium 230 mg
Total Carbohydrates 54 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 43 g
Protein 5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.