Caesar Salad is a great alternative when serving a large crowd. No need to put numerous salad dressing bottles on an already crowded buffet. I like to use a nice romaine but you can use anything leafy greens you prefer. I stay away from iceberg as it allows too much moisture in the salad, it browns quickly and the texture doesn’t allow the dressing to marinate in the salad. Croutons, grated parmesan cheese and your homemade dressing show the love you have for family.
Add my Chicken Broccoli Crescent Wreath to your salad for a great dinner!
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 large bunch romaine torn into bite-size pieces (10 cups)
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Mix oil, lemon juice, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard and garlic in salad bowl.
- Add romaine; toss until coated. Sprinkle with croutons, cheese and pepper; toss.