Butterscotch Popcorn ~Do you live to snack? Of course you do. What better to read or watch a movie than to have some fresh popcorn! This recipe adds butterscotch to the mix and is baked in the oven after being popped. Just break into pieces and munch away!
- 1/2 cup popcorn
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease a 14 x 10-inch roasting pan.
- Pop the popcorn. Put popcorn in a very large bowl.
- Bring brown sugar, corn syrup and butter to boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butterscotch chips, vanilla extract, baking soda and salt until blended and smooth. Working quickly and using two spoons, pour syrup over popcorn, stirring to coat thoroughly. Pour mixture into pan; bake 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven, cool mixture in pan about 15 minutes. Turn mixture out of pan onto foil to cool completely. Break popcorn into smaller pieces.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.