Butterscotch Popcorn ~Do you live to snack? Of course you do. What better to read or watch a movie than to have some fresh popcorn! This recipe adds butterscotch to the mix and is baked in the oven after being popped. Just break into pieces and munch away!
- ½ cup popcorn
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease a 14 x 10-inch roasting pan.
- Pop the popcorn. Put popcorn in a very large bowl.
- Bring brown sugar, corn syrup and butter to boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butterscotch chips, vanilla extract, baking soda and salt until blended and smooth. Working quickly and using two spoons, pour syrup over popcorn, stirring to coat thoroughly. Pour mixture into pan; bake 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven, cool mixture in pan about 15 minutes. Turn mixture out of pan onto foil to cool completely. Break popcorn into smaller pieces.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. Please feel free to use my images and recipe for your own use. To republish this recipe, all I ask is to link back to this post.