Have a peanut butter lover in your house or family?
You may think this recipe will feed an army, but in reality it won’t last more than 2-3 days.
These babies are great for taking to a dinner party, bake sale, or just when you have company over to play cards.
They melt in your mouth!
They are technically not a cookie but they scream to be included in your Cookie List!
The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is known to make a chocoholic yell uncle!
Adding these to your dessert table won’t disappoint.
Have you ever witnessed a peanut butter chocolate dessert go untouched? Well these won’t get ignored either.
In my home they are pilfered even as they are hardening! So be sure to have plenty around.
Even try to hide a batch for when the adults come to gather.
Enjoy while you can!
- 4 16 ounce jars peanut butter
- 3 1/2 16 ounce packages confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup butter melted
- 3 12 ounce packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Blend together the peanut butter, sugar and melted butter. Allow to chill in refrigerator.
- Roll into 1 inch round balls and return to refrigerator.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, melt the chocolate and shortening. Whisk together until smooth.
- With a toothpick inserted in the balls, dip them into the chocolate so they look like buckeyes. Place on waxed paper and allow to set in refrigerator.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.