Have a peanut butter lover in your house or family? You may think this recipe will feed an army, but in reality it won’t last more than 2-3 days. These babies are great for taking to a dinner party, bake sale, or just when you have company over to play cards. They melt in your mouth! The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is known to make a chocoholic yell uncle! Adding these to your dessert table won’t disappoint.
For the peanut butter lover in your house!
- 4 (16 ounce) jars peanut butter
- 3 1/2 (16 ounce) packages confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Blend together the peanut butter, sugar and melted butter. Allow to chill in refrigerator.
- Roll into 1 inch round balls and return to refrigerator.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, melt the chocolate and shortening. Whisk together until smooth.
- With a toothpick inserted in the balls, dip them into the chocolate so they look like buckeyes. Place on waxed paper and allow to set in refrigerator.
This recipe can easily be cut in half. Enjoy!!
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6 g
Sodium 35 mg
Total Carbohydrates 11 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 9 g
Protein 2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.