I went to a graduation party for a cousin I haven’t seen in a while. I had so much fun chatting and catching up with relatives. As I went to the dessert table I grabbed a couple of wonderful delicious looking decadent treats. When I brought them back to my table I was asked to fill up a plate for the other people once they had tasted these Brownie Rice Krispie Squares. Let me just say, this recipe is about to go viral. As you can expect I HAD to make this for our next get together. Check out my American Flag Krispy Treats and Brownie Rice Krispie Surprise.
Try this brownie with melted caramel and chocolate topped with peanut butter and chocolate!
- 1 Box Brownie mix Ingredients to make them.
- 16 oz unwrapped caramel cubes or rolos
- 1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 11.5 oz bag semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cup Rice Krispy cereal
Spray a 13x9 pan with pam. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the brownie mix as directed. Using a rubber spatula pour batter into prepared pan, spreading into the corners of the pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Top with caramel cubes in a single layer and return to oven for 3-5 minutes. Using a spatula, smooth melted caramel over the top. Place on wire rack to begin cooling.
In a medium saucepan, combine peanut butter, butter and semisweet chocolate. Heat over low and stir constantly until mixture is smooth. Fold in cereal. Spread over warm brownies and allow to cool completely.
Once brownies have cooled, cover with foil and refrigerate for 2-4 hours allowing the top layer to harden. Cut into squares and serve.
- Hate to measure sticky peanut butter? Just lightly spray the measuring cup with cooking spray and the peanut butter wil slip right out.
- Put your knife in the freezer about 15 minutes before cutting and they won't be as hard to cut!
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.