I went to a graduation party for a cousin I haven’t seen in a while. I had so much fun chatting and catching up with relatives. As I went to the dessert table I grabbed a couple of wonderful delicious looking decadent treats. When I brought them back to my table I was asked to fill up a plate for the other people once they had tasted these Brownie Rice Krispie Squares. Let me just say, this recipe is about to go viral. As you can expect I HAD to make this for our next get together.Try this brownie with melted caramel and chocolate topped with peanut butter and chocolate!Click To Tweet
Brownie Rice Krispie Surprise
Try this brownie with melted caramel and chocolate topped with peanut butter and chocolate!
- For the Brownies:
- Your favorite box brownies and the ingredients to make them.
- For the topping:
- 16 oz unwrapped caramel cubes or rolos
- 1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 11.5 oz bag semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cup Rice Krispy cereal
- Spray a 13x9 pan with pam. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed. Using a rubber spatula pour batter into prepared pan, spreading into the corners of the pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Top with caramel cubes in a single layer and return to oven for 3-5 minutes. Using a spatula, smooth melted caramel over the top. Place on wire rack to begin cooling.
- In a medium saucepan, combine peanut butter, butter and semisweet chocolate. Heat over low and stir constantly until mixture is smooth. Fold in cereal. Spread over warm brownies and allow to cool completely.
- Once brownies have cooled, cover with foil and refrigerate for 2-4 hours allowing the top layer to harden. Cut into squares and serve.
Serving Size 1 bar
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 200 mg
Total Carbohydrates 49 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 34 g
Protein 5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.