Broiled Flank Steak tends to be a chewy and grainy cut of meat if it isn’t cooked correctly. Marinating your meat in the refrigerator helps tenderize your steak. The Madeira sauce adds the flavors of your garlic, lemon and oil steep into your cut of meat. Adding the butter, flour mushrooms and consommé in a skillet for a few minutes also makes the meat more tender and broiling sears all those wonderful flavors together to give this dish a rich and savory taste.
Broiled Flank Steak with Madeira Sauce
Yield 6 -8
Broiled Flank Steak with Madeira Sauce~ Marinating your meat in the refrigerator helps tenderize your steak. The Madeira sauce adds the flavors of your garlic, lemon and oil steep into your cut of meat.
- 2-1 lb. flank steaks
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 can (10 ½ oz.) beef consommé
- 1/3 cup Madeira wine
- Place meat in storage bag. Place oil, lemon juice, and garlic in a bowl; whisk to blend and pour over meat. Seal bag; refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning bag at least once.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and sauté mushrooms until tender. Blend in flour, then stir in consommé and Madeira. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil gently 1 minute.
- Arrange steaks on broiler pan; broil 4" from heat source until browned 4-5 minutes; turn and continue broiling until medium rare in center, about 2-3 minutes.
- Carve diagonally across grain into thin slices. Spoon sauce over slices. Serve immediately. 6-8 servings.
Food Source: The Village Grill ©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.