This cheesy casserole with fresh veggies and chunks of cooked chicken bakes up golden and bubbly in about 30 minutes for a quick weeknight meal. Add hash browns and toast and dinner is complete. What better than a fast, warm and nutrtious meal after a busy day? This casserole has everything you need to fulfill all the food groups. And it is delicious to boot!
Broccoli And Cheddar Cheese Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread divided
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken breast
- 4 cups vegetables such as broccoli florets and red bell peppers
- 2 1/4 cups finely shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese divided
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick skillet and saute broccoli and red bell pepper until crisp tender. Whisk milk and flour in large bowl. Add chicken, cooked vegetables, 2 cups cheese, and onion powder; toss to mix. Pour into 8-inch baking dish.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon Spread and remaining 1/4 cup cheese in small cup. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until mixture is bubbly around edges.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.