Bourbon Derby Pie ~This was one of those WOW! food moments that only happen once or twice in a lifetime. Kentucky bourbon meets layers of walnut filling and mixed with chocolate that makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck. Now don’t get me wrong, food is one of my favorite things in life, but in my wildest dreams I could never have though of anything this good! Words don’t do it justice. You are just going to have to make this pie. And make sure you send me a piece!
Bourbon Derby Pie
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Kentucky bourbon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 ready-made piecrust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs and butter; mix to combine. Stir in the bourbon, walnuts, chocolate chips, vanilla, and salt. Pour the mixture into the unbaked piecrust. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool before slicing.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.