Blueberry Banana Bread With A Secret Touch
Yield 2 loaves
Treat your palate and your family with this Blueberry Banana Bread. It comes with a secret!
- For the bread:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 8 TBS butter, softened
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (save some for garnish)
- the zest of one lemon (save some for garnish)
- Additional blueberries and lemon zest
- For the glaze:
- 2 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon of butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Place sugar and melted butter in a large bowl, beat with a mixer at medium speed until mixture is fluffy and well blended (about 1 minute).
- Add mashed banana, eggs (one at a time); beat until blended. Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Gently fold in blueberries and lemon zest. Spoon batter into two 8½ x 4½-inch loaf pans previously greased.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool the bread 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove the bread from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Garnish with lemon zest and additional blueberries.
- For the glaze:
- Beat the cream cheese and butter with a mixer until thoroughly combined, 1-3 minutes. Add the lemon juice and beat to combine. Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until a glaze forms.
- Pour the glaze over the top of the bread and garnish with blueberries and lemon zest if desired.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.