Let me tell you my home is smelling so good! I walked in from the garden to the sweet aroma of bananas and blueberries baking in the oven. For a special treat for the tastebuds I added a bit of lemon zest in the batter. Yum! I decided to add a garnish of blueberries and zest for a sweet presentation. You can also keep it plain, add nuts, or include the lemon glaze included in this recipe. Such a great treat for this time of year with all the great fruit available in your garden or farmers market.Treat your palate and your family with this Blueberry Banana Bread. It comes with a secret! Click To Tweet
Blueberry Banana Bread With A Secret Touch
Yield 2 loaves
Treat your palate and your family with this Blueberry Banana Bread. It comes with a secret!
- For the bread:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 8 TBS butter, softened
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (save some for garnish)
- the zest of one lemon (save some for garnish)
- Additional blueberries and lemon zest
- For the glaze:
- 2 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon of butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Place sugar and melted butter in a large bowl, beat with a mixer at medium speed until mixture is fluffy and well blended (about 1 minute).
- Add mashed banana, eggs (one at a time); beat until blended. Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Gently fold in blueberries and lemon zest. Spoon batter into two 8½ x 4½-inch loaf pans previously greased.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool the bread 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove the bread from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Garnish with lemon zest and additional blueberries.
- For the glaze:
- Beat the cream cheese and butter with a mixer until thoroughly combined, 1-3 minutes. Add the lemon juice and beat to combine. Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until a glaze forms.
- Pour the glaze over the top of the bread and garnish with blueberries and lemon zest if desired.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.