Blue Cheese Cole Slaw is an adult acquired taste. As a kid I was a picky eater and tried every trick in the book to make my parents think I ate my food. I went so far as stuffing the metal tube leg of the table with spinach and making my sister eat my eggs so she could stop watching me and go out and play. I even remember flushing ice cream down the toilet. It wasn’t until I started dating my husband that I even would taste something new. The Blue Cheese dressing on a salad was one of them. Now I love blue cheese and many more acquired tastes. This cole slaw is so tasty I can make a meal out of it! You have to give it a try.
Still have leftover cabbage? Here are more Ways to Prepare Cabbage
Blue Cheese Cole Slaw
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 4 large carrots shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine cabbages and carrots. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustards, vinegar, celery salt, salt and pepper. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Stir in cheese and parsley. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.