Blue Cheese Cole Slaw is an adult acquired taste. As a kid I was a picky eater and tried every trick in the book to make my parents think I ate my food. I went so far as stuffing the metal tube leg of the table with spinach and making my sister eat my eggs so she could stop watching me and go out and play. I even remember flushing ice cream down the toilet. It wasn’t until I started dating my husband that I even would taste something new. The Blue Cheese dressing on a salad was one of them. Now I love blue cheese and many more acquired tastes. This cole slaw is so tasty I can make a meal out of it! You have to give it a try.
Blue Cheese Cole Slaw
Blue Cheese Cole Slaw- This recipe is one you don't want to encourage the kids to try. WHY? So you can have it all. It's that good!
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 4 large carrots, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces ) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine cabbages and carrots. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustards, vinegar, celery salt, salt and pepper. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Stir in cheese and parsley. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Serving Size 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 24 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.