Beer Marinated Italian Sausage with sauteed peppers and onions ~Great for game day! Cook the marinate the night before the big TailGate Party and then just heat on your grill for 3-5 minutes while the sausage cooks.this is an easy cleanup so you can watch the game as you eat. A very healthy recipe, your guests will eat until the entire dish is gone. No need to worry about leftovers or a messy preparation at the party. No spoilage here either in the heat. This sausage is a great substitute for the normal hot dog fare on the grill. Try it with your favorite sausage today!
Beer Marinated Italian Sausage
Beer Marinated Italian Sausage with sauteed peppers and onions . A very healthy recipe, your guests will eat until the entire dish is gone. No need to worry about leftovers or a messy preparation at the party. No spoilage here either in the heat.
- 2 packs Italian sausage of your choice
- 2 12 oz. bottles of a dark lager style beer (do not spend too much money as it is just a marinade)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 3 large white onions (divided)
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons Montreal Steak seasoning or A1
- 12 hoagie rolls or other hearty large split style bun
- 1 bottle Dijon mustard
- In a pan, place the sausage in a single layer and pierce several times with a fork.
- Add thinly sliced white onions, and cover with beer.
- Refrigerate over night and allow the flavors to marry
- Cut red pepper, green pepper, and remaining onion in thin strips, season with steak seasoning and reserve in a pan.
- Preheat your grill - preferably your charcoal grill and place marinated sausages on rack.
- Cook until temperature reaches 160 degree internal temperature.
- While the sausage is cooking cook the peppers and onions in the pan on the grill until tender.
- Place your buns on the grill to get a light char and place the cooked sausage inside
- Top with the sauteed peppers and Dijon mustard
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3.1 g
Saturated Fat 0.04 g
Sodium 76.2 mg
Total Carbohydrates 11.8 g
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 1.4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.