Beef Brisket Hungarian Goulash- This is not your regular goulash. There is a hint of garlic to the dish and a thinner sauce that brings a sweeter taste to the brisket. The meat is tender and the noodles a bit firmer when served. The flavors blend together to bring a delicate taste to the dish. When mushroom, scallions and sour cream are added this dish becomes a complete meal. Enjoy!
Beef Brisket Hungarian Goulash
- 2 TBS lard
- 2 large onions, finely sliced
- 1 bunch chopped scallions
- 2 lbs beef brisket, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 TBS Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Melt lard in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onions in hot lard until soft and translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir beef and paprika into onions. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms, 1 cup water and simmer, adding more water if moisture gets too low, until meat falls apart and onion sauce is thick, about 1 hour more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil fettuccine noodles 8-13 minutes. Drain.
- Add goulash over noodles. Top with sour cream And scallions as desired.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.